You will need:
- 1 - 10 oz. bag of spinach
- 1 bunch of endive
- 1 shallot
- 1 pear (I used a Bartlett)
- 2 tbs pear-infused vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil (I used extra virgin)
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 8 oz container fresh crumbled blue cheese
1. Slice your shallot into really thin slices. Blanch them for 20 seconds. Drain well. In a small bowl, toss with 2 tbs of the pear vinegar. Set aside. (I'm sure you could add these to the salad raw if you want to skip this step, but the original recipe said to do it this way and I like it.)
2. Grab a large bowl the size of the salad you'd like to make. (We're real technical around here.) Break off any thick stems, rip into bite-sized pieces, and fill bowl to about 2 inches from top with the spinach leaves.
3. Put in a couple handfuls of the endive. (Also w/out stems and ripped into bites.)
4. Cut up your pear into chunks and add to bowl.
4. Add about 3/4 cup of walnuts. (This is really just to taste - I like a lot of nuts in my salad.) As you add them, kinda crush them in your hand as you sprinkle them in.
5. Add the vinegar & shallot and about a handful of blue cheese. Give a little toss/shake so it's not all sitting on top. (You'll really mix it well at the end.)
6. Take about 2 tbs of oil and heat up hot! in a small pan.
7. Drizzle the oil over your salad and toss everything with tongs until well-mixed.
8. Add more blue cheese to the top if you love blue cheese as much as we do. :)
This salad is delicious and quick! I love how the flavors play off each other so perfectly.
Oh! And by the way, if you're in the market for some kitchen towels that are not only super cool looking but great quality - try this Etsy shop - Oh Little Rabbit. I got a couple of towels and napkins from them recently and I just love them!! That's one of their tea towels in the picture above. Support handmade!