|"Road Trip" - patchouli & orange|
1. How did you get started in the soap-making business? What sparked your interest?
It’s a rather funny story on how we got started: Several years ago, we were on vacation in North Carolina and stopped in a small soap shop. They made the most beautiful soap we had ever seen. We also thought, oh these will make wonderful gifts for both my husband’s mother and my mother – both of whom are incredibly difficult to buy for! With both Mother’s Day and birthdays right around the corner, we stocked up. Once we returned to Michigan, I happened to get a flyer from a local college and they were offering soap-making classes. I took the class, and voila, we were hooked.
2. What’s your favorite material or fragrance to use in your creating process?
Right now I am working on making essential oil blends and my favorite essential oils are peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender.
3. From talking with you on our soap-meeting-pick-ups, I know you have a lovely family. Do they help in the process at all? Or are you a one-woman operation?
Both of my daughters help in all aspects of our soap making. They both love coming up with and trying out new ideas as much as I do.
4. Do you have a personal favorite soap? Which do you use most often?
Right now my favorite soap is our Lavender Eucalyptus Rosemary and our Apple Jack and Peel. They are both wonderful fall soaps that pick me up and getting me going in the morning.
5. Men are so hard to buy for and the holiday season is coming up. Do you have a good recommendation? What’s most popular with your male customers?
Our beer soaps! They make great gifts and men love to use them.
to share with my readers?
In Michigan, we have a small booth at the Yellow Door Art Market in Berkley, and we have a website, www.PinkParchmentSoaps.com, that is getting a major overhaul in the next couple of months.
|"Buttercream Cupcake Soap"|
7. Where do you see yourself in the next five years? Do you have any big plans for Pink Parchment?
Five years from now we are hoping to be in more stores and have an expanded selection of our line of decorative soaps and perfumes.